Provincial Team Liaison (PTL) Position Description
To distribute all pre-event information, and team uniforms, to Team Ontario Members (athletes, coaches and families) within their District. To ensure that all required information is returned completed to the Chef de Mission by the required deadline.
Strong Leadership skills.
Strong communication and writing skills.
Strong organizational and administrative skills.
Ability to work as a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct liaison with the Chef De Mission on all matters concerning the National Games.
- District contact for Special Olympics Ontario, in regards to the National Games.
- Maintain a database of current addresses and contacts for all Team Ontario Coaches and Athletes within the district.
- Receive all pre-event information and materials, and distribute to all Team Ontario members (including families) within the District, including medical forms; registration forms; uniform sizing forms; travel information forms etc.
- Ensure that all above stated documents are completed and returned to the Chef de Mission by the deadline date.
- Organize uniform fitting events if necessary (date, time and location). Includes receiving uniform samples, recording all uniform sizes and return uniform samples and sizing charts to the Chef de Mission.
- Arrange travel to central point of departure for Team Ontario members within the Region.
Time Requirements and Duration of the Position:
Must have access to a computer in their home with internet and email access.
The Provincial Team Liaison is directly responsible to the Chef de Mission and the District Developer.
** NOTE: This person does not accompany the Team to the National Games.