District Team Manager (DTM) Position Description
To ensure District Team members have a successful and fulfilling experience at the Provincial Games.
Minimum Qualifications/Skills Required:
District Team Manager must possess the following attributes:
outstanding leadership abilities and ability to work as a team member
past experience in a Games environment would be considered an asset
excellent written and verbal communication skills; and,
excellent organizational and administrative skills.
familiar with GMS
- Be available to attend the Provincial Games
- Travel to and from Games with the District Team
- Maintain regular contact with District Developer, Head Coaches and the Games Operating Committee (GOC)
- Host team meetings and coaches meetings as needed
- Ensure that all team members receive the Athlete/Coach Agreement Form and conduct themelves in accordance with the conditions outlined in Special Olympics Ontario Policy 7000-201 Travelling Teams – Roles and Responsibilities, and the organization’s Code of Conduct.
- Communicate all pre-event information regarding the Provincial Games to all team members
- Distribute all sport technical packages to Head Coaches prior to games
- Ensure all registration/medical forms are accurately completed by all team members and submitted to the GOC by the deadline date
- Distribute a copy of athlete medical forms to all team coaches
- Book transportation for team to and from Games in consultation with the GOC
- Work with the Manager of Major Games to order all team uniforms and distribute to all team members
- Provide packing lists to all team members which includes two days of extra medication if necessary
- Submit the accommodation list to the GOC prior to games
- Receive registration fees and uniform fees from all team members and submit to the District Administrative Team for deposit
- Attend all required functions at the Games, i.e. Opening Ceremonies, Awards, Presentations, etc., representing Special Olympics Ontario, your District and your Community with distinction
- Supervise athletes while at the games as needed
- Resolve any team related issues as they arise
- Be on call 24 hours a day while at games
- Attend DTM meetings while at games
- Accompany team members to hospital if needed
- Ensure all team members have the opportunity to submit an evaluation of the Games
- Ensure all athlete and coach evaluations are completed and submitted to SOO within two weeks of the games
Must have access to computer, internet and email.
Duration of the Job:
This position is responsible to the District Developer, Manager of Major Games and SOO.