waiver questions – volunteer profile page (grandfathered participants)

• October 7, 2019 at 11:29 pm #4124
      Lynda Gernon
      Participant

Profiles added to the database for existing volunteers all seem to have “No” for the waiver questions. This is a problem for the Media Release Waiver (which we respect) in particular. All volunteers that I asked have laughed and said that they don’t remember anyone ever asking if we could use their picture, and of course they were ok with that. Please make a mass update of this field to Yes for all volunteers that predate the new online registration (e.g. 2019) and allow the field to be updated with a No when/if appropriate. I have been contacting all participants (athletes and volunteers) to confirm that this field should be “NO” when it is that so that we don’t take photos of anyone who doesn’t want that. It would help to change the “grandfathered” volunteers in the database to Yes and I can ask them to let me know if they want it changed please.

• October 8, 2019 at 1:42 am #4131

A blanket change to Yes would be a problem! I have one volunteer for which the ‘No’ is correct!

• October 23, 2019 at 3:27 pm #6907
      farkhandas
      Keymaster

Hi Lynda,

We can not assume Yes for media release waiver for all volunteers. Each volunteer is supposed to login on portal to Add/update waiver questions. Ask your volunteers to Login/Register on portal to update their profiles in particular Legal Waivers section.

In old Database, there was not media release question field for volunteers so in bulk upload it was set to NO.

• October 25, 2019 at 9:41 am #7251
      Lynda Gernon
      Participant

Hi Farkhanda

Thanks but it’s not a simple matter of asking them to login/register on portal to update their profiles for this particular field – it’s greyed out (i.e. not updatable). Are you suggesting that we ask each volunteer we have the question and send an email to our DD to get the field updated for all of them?

• October 29, 2019 at 10:42 am #8035
      James Noronha
      Keymaster

Hi Lynda,

I’m pretty sure that when someone completes a new enrollment, it will allow you to confirm that information (and they’ll be able to change that status). They should be able to make that change. We’ll look into why its greyed out. If you could email Farkhanda with an example of someone who can’t we’ll see if we can trace that issue.

J

• November 1, 2019 at 9:48 am #8639
      Lynda Gernon
      Participant

Thank you James. I tried to add myself as a volunteer and it nicely stepped me thorough the waiver questions. But, if I (as admin) or a team manager add volunteers to a program through either the bulk enrollment or enroll a volunteer options, the waiver questions remain unanswered and cannot be updated even by the person who owns the profile unless the person adds themselves as a volunteer? The majority of our current (not new) volunteers will not be happy with this… they come out to help and have already filled in an application and gotten a police check – they will not want to also now add themselves as a volunteer. They are a wonderful lot of people who give of their time and keep our programs running… can’t we just add them and then have them update these fields when they have a chance (hopefully)? Otherwise, I’ll have to continue to email Michael to get them updated after I ask every one of them if we have their permission. I do understand the potential legalities, but I have to think that at least the person who owns the profile should be able to update the field anytime (even if they change their mind part way through a session) they want to please.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.