Sports Team Roster

• September 26, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3179
      pstorey@live.ca
      Participant

Our coaches will require a printed list of their athletes and contact information.  I do recognize that this may be a simple mail merge for some of us that know how to do this but our Registrar and most of our coaches do not have these skills.  Is a report forthcoming or is this something that every community will need to develop and generate for their community?

• September 27, 2019 at 7:00 pm #3198
      James Noronha
      Keymaster

Hi there Peggy,

There’s a list of reports on the development pathway and I believe that this is one of them. We don’t expect that communities would have to develop that report on their own but we will be including some training during the webinars on existing reports for coaches and teams, and we are making notes of reports that would be beneficial. This one is definitely on that list.

James

• September 28, 2019 at 8:14 am #3236
      pstorey@live.ca
      Participant

Thanks James

That’s great news.

Is it possible for the list of reports on the development pathway to be shared with us?  At this point I don’t know if some of our requests are on the list, been forgotten or that it has been determined that the request isn’t supported.

Peggy

• October 1, 2019 at 8:03 pm #3511
      Patricia Benoit
      Participant

There’s an easy way to get a Team Roster without using reports. But  you have to be signed up as a coach or assistant coach for that sport. Admins and CC can’t get it. If you sign yourself up as a coach/assistant coach for the team (or give the team coach these instructions), change your role to the coach, click “Active Participants” , then export to Excel. I hide the Date Joined column in the excel file. Then create a PDF file and send to coaches (or print and give it to them).  Fastest way I’ve found to get a simple phone and SOO number list per club.

I have found this to be a simple work around for now……

Pat Benoit

Tillsonburg CC

• October 2, 2019 at 10:51 am #3585

Actually it can be done by the DA or HH by using the filters available for each column.   I took a screen shot but cannot include it here.  If you have not tried it yet click on the three vertical dots beside Club/School Program, then on the Filter icon.   Where it says Equals there is a drop down.  Click on Contains and put enough of the club name to be unique in the empty block and click on Filter.

Very useful feature.

• October 2, 2019 at 11:37 am #3591
      Patricia Benoit
      Participant

Yes – I use the filter. But you have to use the Active Enrollments page to screen by club. and that screen does not have the SOO number which we need for everyone. It does give a list of participants though and it is very handy to check the database.

I’m using the Active Participants screen which provides the SOO number, email and phone number. Have to have that number for tournaments etc. And it can’t be sorted by club – maybe we need that as an improvement.

I’m specifically looking for an easy way to get participant name, phone number and SOO number. If there’s another way, I’m all for it.

Pat

• October 2, 2019 at 11:40 am #3592

Yes of course.   Seems to me this is the second time my 2 cents was based on a wrong assumption.   Time to take a break.

• October 2, 2019 at 11:53 am #3594
      Patricia Benoit
      Participant

But it’s valuable information for others. I’m sure many have not learned how to use those dots for sorting.

Pat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.