Sports / Programs Specific Guidelines
Effective May 1, 2022, all Special Olympics Ontario sport training, competition, community meetings and events will use the Infection Prevention Control Measures. The previous Return to Program guidelines are no longer in effect:
• Return to Program Application process is no longer required
• COVID-19 Declaration Forms are no longer required *
• COVID-19 Screening is no longer required
• Attendance Tracking is no longer required*
• Vaccine Declaration Form submission is no longer in effect
*Please keep all COVID related documentation on file for two years.
Face coverings are no longer mandated by Special Olympics Ontario. Individual Special Olympics communities will have the option to implement face covering requirements for their indoor programs.
All community programs, competitions and events will be required to follow the COVID-19 protocols that are established by their local municipality, health unit or facility (if any).
School based sport programs will continue to follow the direction of their respective school board. Partner programs will continue to follow the direction of their respective provincial sport organization.