New Volunteer Check List – Before Starting application process
- Legal First & Last Name – as it appears on Passport or Police Check
- Valid Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Mailing Address
- Contact information (e-mail and phone number) for two references, references cannot be related to you. Community/Club officials can be a reference only if they know you well outside of the context of the club. Your application will not be processed without this information
- Current Police Check (completed within the last 12 months)- must include a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening. Please Upload a copy of the check to this profile OR mail the original copy to:
Special Olympics Ontario
65 Overlea Blvd, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario. M4H 1P1 Canada
Applicants cannot volunteer until a Police Check has been submitted and their application has been approved.
- If you do not have a current Police Check with VSS that you can submit you will need to obtain one before you can begin to volunteer with SOO.
- To obtain a Police Records Check with VSS please visit your local Police Station (some forces have an online application process that can be used)
- We have a standard form that can be used at some police stations to confirm that you are applying to volunteer with SOO. Click Here to download the form.
- If you do not know which sport program or volunteer position you are interested in please select the name of the Community (Type- Community) from the program search window. A Community Representative will contact you to help you determine which volunteer position would be right for you.