Special Olympics Ontario Internship/Co-op Opportunities
Please note: due to COVID-19, SOO is currently offering virtual programs, training, and competition opportunities for all Special Olympics athletes and coaches across Ontario, as well as Return to Program support for interested clubs as local policies allow.
Due to the ongoing evolution of the landscape, internship postings will not be in relation to a specific project this year as in the past, as roles will remain fluid throughout the year. All positions will be from a home office, with a potential opportunity to work in office (not required) should local policies allow.
1. Virtual Programs & Sport Practices
· training methods, plans, resources, and support for coaches in 18 sports to assist in options and opportunities in lieu of in-person practices and competition
2. Virtual Competition
· virtual competition opportunities across all 18 SOO sports for athletes of all ages
3. Virtual Fundraising
· virtual fundraising initiatives and events
4. Health & Wellness
· resources, programs, and virtual events to keep athletes and coaches connected, active, healthy and positive while at home/off the playing field
5. Web, Graphics, Social Media, Communications
· ongoing communication pieces, supplementary graphics, and web platform design to keep athletes, coaches, and stakeholders connected and informed
1. Passion for sport and community development
2. Interpersonal and communication skills
3. Strong written and verbal skills
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
6. Comfort working with computers and Microsoft Office
7. Web, graphic, social media, communications background (required only for those specific roles)
The successful candidate(s) must currently be enrolled in an Ontario post-secondary institution with a requirement of completing an internship prior to graduation.
Application deadline: ongoing until roles are filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Special Olympics Ontario invites applications from all qualified individuals and invite applications from people of all abilities and experiences.
In keeping with our commitment to equity and diversity we welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Special Olympics Ontario supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Special Olympics Ontario is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged. Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
APPLY ONLINE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW