Police Check Upload for New Volunteers

• September 19, 2019 at 11:51 am #2444
      farkhandas
      Keymaster

New Volunteers can upload legible copy of the current police check to their application in Criminal Record Check Information and they do not have to send Original Police check to SOO Office.

(Current Police Check (completed within the last 12 months) – must include a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening)

If communities are uploading Police checks for their volunteers, they have to return original to volunteers.

If volunteers do not have Police check while submitting application, they can upload later once they get it. If not able to upload a copy, please mail the original copy to:

Special Olympics Ontario

65 Overlea Blvd, Suite 200

Toronto, Ontario M4H 1P1

• September 20, 2019 at 2:05 pm #2556

Hi Farkhanda, I just want to confirm this is now available province wide.   Last I heard it was not available in our region.

MaryAnn

• September 24, 2019 at 8:41 am #3061
      James Noronha
      Keymaster

Hi MaryAnn,

Yes, this applies province wide, which means that everyone can upload their PRC to the system. The requirement for a PRC w/ VSS within the last year has not changed, we’re simply making it possible for people to upload their checks.

As an FYI, this is the first step towards making PRC renewals a practical part of general operating procedures, but that is not a requirement in our region as of yet.

James

• September 24, 2019 at 10:24 am #3077

Thanks James.

Note that I had ticked the ‘notify me’ box and did not receive a notification.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.