Brand New Volunteer – Reference Checks

• September 6, 2019 at 12:12 pm #1668
      farkhandas
      Keymaster

• As brand new volunteers register in the portal, their profile remains in ‘chapter approvals’ until their police check is received.
      • While they are in ‘chapter approvals’ you can click through their profile to see their contact info (to connect and provide further info) and keep going until you reach their reference check information.
      • You can already check their references, and there’s a spot to say ‘yes’ and the date for having done so.
      • Once Farkhanda receives the volunteer’s police check, she can more confidently move them to the next step.

• January 8, 2020 at 6:09 pm #17571

Has there been a change to this?   I was working with a club manager to show her how to mark a reference as checked and that field was grayed out, we could not edit it.

• January 14, 2020 at 10:41 am #19228
      Alex Court
      Participant

I responded privately to Maryann on this topic, but for the benefit of everyone: Last week, SOC made a change to the permissions of the “Contacted” and “Reference Contacted Date” fields for volunteer references. These fields may now only be edited by DDs, Farkhanda, and me. This change was made to close a loophole that allowed volunteers to enter data into these fields.

• January 14, 2020 at 12:26 pm #19243
      farkhandas
      Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

Please ignore Jay’s response on the Contacted and Reference Contacted Date permissions for all Data admins  – it is SOC mistake. These fields have to unavailable for New Volunteers where they mark Contacted and add Date Contacted which is supposed to be filled in by Data Admins.

I have submitted ticket to fix it.

Data Admins/head coaches/team managers should be able to fill in these fields.

Thanks,

• January 16, 2020 at 3:36 pm #19852

There has been a change!   When I go to see the list of references provided for a new volunteer there are two new columns for ‘Contacted’ and ‘Date Contacted’.   Saves a few clicks.  When I go into a reference as data admin or team manager those two fields are no longer grayed out.  Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags