Athlete Leadership Opportunities
Opportunities for Athlete Leaders who have participated in Athlete Leadership Program workshops include a multitude of roles, including, but not limited to acting as an Athlete Speaker, Community Athlete Representative, Peer Mentor or as member of the Athlete Leadership Council.
What qualifies an athlete to become an Athlete Leader?
- Attend or take part in an ALPs workshop when it is provided
- Understand and adhere to “Athletes Rights and Responsibilities”
- Assist other athletes, coaches or council members when asked and able to
- Ensure your activities and conduct positively reflect your participation in Special Olympics
- Be in good standing with your Community and Special Olympics Ontario