Return to Sport – Rhythmic Gymnastics Updated February 22, 2022
- Spotting is permitted. Spotters must be masked.
Before and After Practice:
- All participants to wash hand before and after the training session.
- Coaches are to create and share training plans ahead of training session.
- Physical Distancing (2m or 6ft) must be maintained when not engaged in sport training activities.
- Designate one coach to clean/sanitize the club gymnastics equipment before and after every training session. Athletes will clean/sanitize their personal training equipment before and after each training session.
- Athletes will wear their face masks when they enter the facility and will continue to wear their face masks while not engaged in physical activity. Coaches/volunteers will wear face masks throughout the training session.
- Maximum gathering size as outlined in facility specific guidelines.
- Maximum gathering size includes all athletes, coaches, volunteers, support persons and spectators/parents. It is the coach’s discretion whether spectators are permitted into the training session to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Physical distancing of 2m / 6 ft must be maintained when not engaged in sport related activities.
- Spotting is permitted, provided the spotters wear masks.
- All “non-essential” contacts should be avoided (handshakes, high 5’s, etc.).
- All skill instructions must be verbal. There will be no “hand over hand” skill instruction.
- If an athlete requires an assistant to train it is recommended that the assistant be someone from the same household. If the athlete unable to bring someone from their household, the assistant must be the same person each week. The assistant will wear a mask while working with the athlete, all assistants will go through the same daily screening check.
- Bring your own water bottles clearly labelled with your name – do not use public water fountains.
- Coaches should not share handheld equipment such clipboards, white board markers, etc. Recommend coaches each have their own personal whiteboard kit to use as a visual aid for coaching.
- Be creative with the structure of your practice times by using a combination of on in person training, virtual training and general fitness training.
- Train the same hours but this will be a mix of gym and virtual/fitness.
- Make it clear that there is no penalty for missing a training session and that if an athlete, or any member of their family does not feel well, they should stay at home.
- Competition will follow Return to Competition protocols.
Each sport venue may have their own COVID-19 restrictions. Please follow the instructions of the staff.