Return to Sport – Golf
Before and After Practice:
- Wash hands prior to starting round and multiple times throughout the round.
- Do not shake hands or high five to celebrate, a tip of the cap will do.
- Do not loiter in the parking lot before or after your round. Get in, Train, Get out.
- Physical distancing (2m or 6ft).
- Each golfer to handle their own equipment.
- Physical distancing throughout play. (2m or 6ft)
- Maximum of four people per hole (2 athletes, 2 caddies or 1 coach, 3 athletes etc.) Coaches are not permitted to conduct 1:1 training sessions with athletes (Rule of Two).
- Each golfer to their own equipment. Unless a caddie is being used.
- If using carts, each participant must have their own cart (caddies, coaches, athletes etc.) unless they reside in the same household. We encourage walking the course.
- One person should tabulate scores for entire group to reduce card circulation. Scorer should verbally confirm recorded score with athletes after each hole.
- No use of bunker rakes. After hitting out of a sand trap (if permitted by local rules) athletes should smooth the trap instead with a foot or their club.
- Flag sticks should not be touched. Leave the pin in while putting and don't touch the flag stick to retrieve ball. Some courses may have modified hole designs to make this easier.
- Balls and clubs should be cleaned after the end of each round to minimize contamination.
- Balls within 12" of the cup should be considered a gimme and do not need to be holed out.
- Clubs using driving range or practice greens should ensure that athletes are only using sanitized (or personal) balls and that athletes and coaches maintain social distancing protocols.
- Design skill training activities so athletes stay in the same small groups to reduce amount of contact with different people
- Use cones or other equipment to ensure appropriate physical distancing at hole or during skill training activities.
- Tournaments and Competitions will follow Return to Competition protocols.
Each golf course may have their own COVID-19 restrictions. Please follow the instructions of the golf course staff.