Cross Country (Nordic) Skiing
Return to Sport – Cross Country Skiing Updated February 22, 2022
- All Cross Country ski programs will follow facility specific COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- While outdoors, please wear face covering when physical distancing (2m/6ft) cannot be maintained.
Before and After Practice:
- All participants to wash hand before and after the training session.
- Coaches are to create and share training plans ahead of training session.
- Physical Distancing (2m or 6ft) as per facility specific guidelines.
- Physical distancing of 2m / 6 ft as per facility specific guidelines.
- All “non-essential” contacts should be avoided (handshakes, high 5’s, etc.).
- Individuals shall use a tissue to blow their own nose and discard tissue immediately, and wash their hands or use hand sanitizer afterward.
- All skill instructions must be verbal. There will be no “hand over hand” skill instruction.
- Team members are required to put on their own equipment. If a team member requires assistance putting on their equipment, both individuals must wear a mask (unless the both individuals are from the same household).
- If there is an issue with the equipment in the middle of a training session, and a team member requires assistance with their equipment, both individuals must wear a mask (unless the both individuals are from the same household).
- If an athlete requires physical assistance to get up after a fall, both individuals must wear a face mask while assistance is taking place.
- Bring your own water bottles clearly labelled with your name – do not use public water fountains.
- Coaches should not share handheld equipment such clipboards, white board markers, walkie talkies, etc. Recommend coaches each have their own personal coaching equipment for coaching. If it is cost prohibitive to have personal walkie talkies, walkie talkies should be assigned to the same coach each week when possible and must be sanitized before and after each training session.
- Be creative with the structure of your practice times by using a combination of in person training, virtual training and general fitness training.
- Train the same hours each week but this will be a mix of virtual and in-person.
- Make it clear that there is no penalty for missing a training session and that if an athlete, or any member of their family does not feel well, they should stay at home.
- Competition will follow Return to Competition protocols.
Each sport venue may have their own COVID-19 restrictions. Please follow the instructions of the staff.