5 Pin Bowling
- Athletes who have their own bowling balls are recommended for in person training.
- Athletes who do not have their own bowling balls are permitted to attend training sessions providing the facility sanitizes the bowling balls (or provides the cleaning supplies for participants to sanitize the balls). If the facility cannot provide either of the above, it is recommended that participants continue with virtual training or general fitness training.
- Athletes who are unable to follow verbal instructions regarding physical distancing or who require “physical manipulation / hand over hand” instruction to complete drills are recommended to continue with virtual training or general fitness training.
- It is not recommended to register “new” athletes into the sport program at this time. Athletes who are new to the sport should participate in virtual training or general fitness training.
- Where in person training is not an option, consider virtual training or general fitness training sessions. Both are great alternatives and will allow coaches the opportunity to maintain contact with their athletes.
Before and After Practice:
- All participants to wash hand before and after the training session.
- Coaches are to create and share training plans ahead of training session.
- Stagger activity times between different groups to create a 15 minute buffer between sessions and avoid an overlap of participants in any one area.
- Do not loiter in the parking lot. Get in, Train, Get out.
- Physical Distancing (2m or 6ft).
- Bowling equipment bags must be placed 2m apart in a designated location within the facility. Cones/pylons will be used to mark where each bowler should store their items.
- Bowlers should walk a continuous path to their bowling lane, no stopping or congregating along the way.
- Communities with mandatory Face Masks: Athletes will wear their face masks at all times while in the facility. Bowler may lower their face mask while on the approach for their frame, but will replace it onto their face after they have completed their frame. Coaches/volunteers will wear face masks throughout the training session.
Communities with optional Face Masks: it is recommended athletes and coaches wear face masks at all times using the above stated guidelines.
- Must not exceed the maximum gathering size for your community (Please refer to your Public Health Website). Maximum gathering size includes all athletes, coaches, volunteers, support persons and spectators/parents.
- Physical distancing of two (2) metres (6 feet) must be maintained by ALL participants.
- Use hand sanitizer after each frame.
- Disinfect personal bowling balls after each frame.
- Maintain restrictions on the number of athletes using each lane (max. 4 per lane)
- Clearly identify the lanes not being used.
- Bowlers will remain on the same lane for the entire training session and will not alternate lane or change lanes.
- When not bowling, team members should sit behind the lane and maintain physical distancing of 6 feet.
- All “non-essential” contacts should be avoided (handshakes, high 5’s, etc.).
- All skill instructions must be verbal. There will be no “hand over hand” skill instruction.
- If an athlete requires an assistant to train it is recommended that the assistant be someone from the same household. If the athlete unable to bring someone from their household, the assistant must be the same person each week. The assistant will wear PPE while working with the athlete, all assistants will go through the same daily screening check.
- Bring your own water bottles clearly labelled with your name – do not use public water fountains.
- Athletes may use only their own personal training equipment, or facility equipment that has been sanitized.
- Coaches should not share handheld equipment such clipboards, white board markers, etc. Recommend coaches each have their own personal whiteboard kit to use as a visual aid for coaching.
- Be creative with the structure of your practice times by using a combination of on lane training, virtual training and general fitness training.
- Train the same hours but this will be a mix of on lane and virtual/fitness.
- Make it clear that there is no penalty for missing a training session and that if an athlete, or any member of their family does not feel well, they should stay at home.
- Competition will follow Return to Competition protocols.
Each sport venue may have their own COVID-19 restrictions. Please follow the instructions of the staff.