Return to Sport - Soccer
Before and After Practice:
- Wash hands prior to starting practice.
- Coaches to clean any field equipment (if required) using disinfected swabs or towels after each session. (do not go home and then clean – contaminated items may travel into the home environment).
- Stagger activity times between different groups to create a 15 minute buffer between sessions and avoid an overlap of participants in any one area.
- Do not loiter in the parking lot. Get in, Train, Get out.
- Physical Distancing (2m or 6ft).
- Must not exceed the maximum gathering size for your community (Please refer to your Public Health Website). Maximum gathering size includes all athletes, coaches, volunteers, support persons and spectators/parents.
- All “non-essential” contacts should be avoided (handshakes, high 5’s, etc.).
- Physical distancing of two (2) metres (6 feet) must be maintained by ALL participants – no more than 1 person per 4m2
- Structure activities to maximize physical distancing.
- Design activities so athletes may stay within their existing small groups to reduce amount of contact with different people.
- No heading, chest or hand contact with the ball (feet only).
- Regular sanitation breaks combined with water breaks.
- Use cones and other equipment to ensure appropriate spacing is in place to support distancing. Reset cones that delineate the physical distancing parameters whenever they are moved out of place.
- Bring your own water bottles clearly labelled with your name – do not use public water fountains.
- Only use your own equipment. Do not share equipment – this includes shin guards, shirts, socks, etc.
- Only coaches/staff should handle team equipment.
- Avoid using shared pinnies or any other equipment. Have players bring two different coloured shirts (dark and light).
- Any individual equipment used should be taken home and washed separately from others in the household (e.g. uniform).
- Tournaments and Competition will follow Return to Competition protocols.
Each sport venue may have their own COVID-19 restrictions. Please follow the instructions of the staff.