The Great Canadian Giving Challenge is here! For the entire month of June, every $1 you donate through this page qualifies us to win $20,000! The more you give, the more chances for us to win!
Special Olympics Ontario is dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability, and this has not changed just because we’re stuck at home! We are proud and excited to inform you that we have adapted and overcome challenges, allowing us to continue to support over 26,000 registered athletes across the province.
Ensuring and monitoring the continued health of all athletes, coaches, and volunteers is imperative at this time. As such, we launched our “Healthy @ Home” program. This program provides information, tools, and resources to keep everyone engaged and active while we continue to practice physical distancing.
Resources and supports include:
- Weekly Wellness Challenges, encouraging participants to do a variety of activities for their physical and mental health and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Daily social media challenges, keeping us engaged and connected
- Virtual walking challenges, to inspire going for walks while helping us feel connected to our community
- Online dance classes and virtual dance parties!
- Clear and understandable information about Covid-19 and how to stay safe
- A consolidated library of external resources, such as workout videos and online meditation sessions
Special Olympics athletes are anxiously awaiting the relaunch of programs, practices and competition when the time is right to do so. In the meantime, we have introduced virtual games, allowing athletes to compete in a variety of events from the safety of their home. This will be an incredible opportunity to virtually bring together athletes, family members, coaches, volunteers and sponsors – we miss our Special Olympics family very much!
“Bravo Special Olympics in sticking by the athletes & coaches during these difficult times. Not many other organizations are supporting their athletes to this length, it makes me proud to be a part of this organization. Thank You!”
Your support is vitally important during these extraordinary times. Your generous donation will make it possible for us to continue gathering valuable information and making important resources available, and will also ensure we are prepared to resume normal operations when the time comes.
During the month of June, your gifts will increase our chances of winning the grand prize, as well as enabling us to continue making a difference in the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability each and every day! Every $1.00 donated here increases the opportunity to win the grand prize